The largest vessel to call on the East Coast will make a stop at the Wando Welch Terminal this Friday.
The CMA CGM Marco Polo is carrying 16,022 TEUs — an industry measurement equivalent to a 20-foot container. That’s nearly 1,000 more than the CMA CGM Brazil, which carried 15,128 TEUs when it docked at the S.C. Ports Authority in September.
Lowcountry locals can watch the record-breaking 1,300-foot-long ship — the length of 3.5 football fields — arrive at a number of locations including:
- Sullivan’s Island
- Patriots Point
- S.C. Aquarium
- Charleston Waterfront Park
- Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge
- Mount Pleasant Shem Creek Park
- Pitt Street Bridge
- Charlotte Street Park Irish Memorial
- Melton Peter Demetre Park
- Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park