MISSION - Trident United Way is a catalyst for measurable community transformation in education, financial stability and health.
VISION - To be the leader in uniting our community to improve lives.
Name OF ORGANIZATION:
Trident United Way
Year established locally: 1944
2020 Top achievements:
- Scaled our systems and tools to understand and rapidly respond to real-time community conditions.
- Provided early research regarding the impending economic impacts of the pandemic.
- Mobilized emergency philanthropy for the Tri-County COVID-19 Response Fund to address the escalating needs as a result of the pandemic.
- The Tri-County COVID-19 Response Fund, totaling more than $500,000, surpassed the fundraising total of any single event in our 76-year history.
- Disbursement of Tri-County COVID-19 Response grants in 11 phases to 25 local nonprofit agencies. These funds assisted more than 49,000 individuals with housing, access to health care, food, employment, utility assistance and basic needs.
- Leveraged and managed an additional $470,000+ in FEMA program support to agencies across the region.
- Launched Literacy United at Mt. Zion Elementary, a partnership with Charleston County School District, The Lastinger Institute and Johns Island philanthropists bringing innovative, evidence-based reading interventions to students in grades K-2 and builds on the success of TUW Reading by Third initiative.
- Provided, leveraged and managed more than $1 million in addition to all other regular grantmaking.
- Released the 2020 Self-Sufficiency Standard study, a cooperative effort of the University of Washington Center for Women’s Welfare and the United Way of Association of South Carolina. The study helps identify gaps, guide service delivery and provides data that informs partners and the community about supporting individuals and families to be financial stable and self-sufficient.
- Launch of 2020-2023 Strategic Plan supported by our Board of Directors. This plan will guide us as the leaders in uniting our community to improve lives.
Select goals include:
- Grow and diversify revenue to serve community.
- Engage and motivate our community through communications to emphasize the relevance and impact of our work.
- Deliver outstanding service to ensure every individual and organization has an excellent experience.
GivingTuesday – digital giving event Tuesday, Dec. 1. Visit www.tuw.org/givingtuesday
Over The Edge: RAPPEL UNITED! - Mid-May 2021 at Hyatt Place Charleston, King Street. Individuals who register will receive their own fundraising web page and are asked to raise a minimum of $1,000 to secure one of 92 rappel spots on that special day. Visit: www.tuw.org/OTE
Corporate giving opportunities:
- Employee giving campaigns through payroll deduction.
- Transformative gifts for capital improvements and expansions.
- Emergency Response.
- Special Event Sponsorships - Donor Network events, Over The Edge, Day of Action, Day of Caring and more.
- The Alliance Program – a single, comprehensive gift supporting special convenings.
- Your corporate brand will be recognized determined by giving level. Membership begins at $2,500 per year.
- Customized giving and volunteer opportunities to meet your corporate social responsibility goals. Please contact Mike Gibbons, Director of Corporate Partnerships.