On the Menu provides the latest news from the Charleston area’s culinary community, including new restaurants, new menu items and upcoming events, as well as details about local chefs. Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opal has added new menu items to include seasonal produce such as heirloom tomatoes, peaches and squash.
The new menu items include:
- Chitarra with lump crab, grilled spring onion, asparagus and chilies.
- Mixed greens with peaches, goat cheese, pistachios and maple-sherry vinaigrette.
- Lemon ricotta agnolotti with smoked duck ham, corn and heirloom tomatoes.
- Pan-seared duck breast with seasonal succotash, fennel sausage, greens and blackberry mustard.
- Market fish with tagliatelle, local squash, shishito peppers and heirloom tomatoes.
- Seared Hawaiian ahi tuna with Carolina Gold rice, corn, basil and jalapeno-lime beurre blanc.
Edmund’s Oast is set to host Wine School: Wine Tasting 101, led by certified sommelier Sarah O’Kelley, at 6 p.m. June 21. Participants will learn about blind tasting, and snacks will be paired with each wine.
Tickets are $50.
Gentry Bar and Room is scheduled to host Wine vs. Whiskey at 4 p.m. Wednesday. The event will celebrate National Bourbon Day, and Gentry Bar and Room will offer a suggested wine pairing and a whiskey pairing with small plates and dinner dishes.
Tickets are $35, and proceeds will benefit Lowcountry Local First.