The Charleston Regional Business Journal has named honorees for the 2017 Health Care Heroes Awards.
Each year, Health Care Heroes honors the men, women, and service and therapy animals who serve as professionals and volunteers for health care, education, first responder and other areas. These individuals and organizations go beyond the call of duty for their communities and professions.
The Business Journal and its partners will hold an event from 6-9 p.m. Nov. 30 at the Francis Marion Hotel. More information on the event is on our website, where tickets are also available for purchase.
An independent panel of judges reviewed the nominations for Health Care Heroes and selected honorees in the categories of Community Outreach, First Responder, Health Care Professional, Nurse, Physician, Service/Therapy Animal, Trident Construction Health Care Engineer and Volunteer.
2017 Honorees by Category
- Allison Swanson, Roper St. Francis
- Dr. Richard Ulmer, Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic
- First Choice Fit with Marcus Lattimore/Tricia Crimminger, Select Health of South Carolina
- Dean Hatchell, North Charleston Fire Department
Health care professional
- Faleshia Jones, Select Health of South Carolina
- Brett Keisler, Roper St. Francis
- Alexis Vanderveen, Hospice of Charleston
- Anna Claire Abbas, MUSC Children's Hospital
- Carol Morrison, Roper St. Francis
- Jessica Shaw, MUSC
- Jersey Cahill, MUSC Children's Hospital
- Leo Morantes, Roper St. Francis
- Valerie Scott, Roper St. Francis
Trident Construction Health Care Engineer
- Kobie Priester, Roper St. Francis
- David Raup, Roper St. Francis
- Macy, MUSC
- Pete, MUSC
- Rocky, Roper St. Francis
- Solveig Bracy, Roper St. Francis
- Celeste Jilich, MUSC
- Mia McCullough, MUSC Children's Hospital