Schools in the partnership
- Aiken Technical College
- Greenville Technical College
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College
- Midlands Technical College
- Northeastern Technical College
- Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Trident Technical College
- Williamsburg Technical College
- Albany Technical College
- Atlanta Technical College
- Georgia Highlands College
- Georgia Military College
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Lanier Technical College
- Oconee Fall Line Technical College
- South Georgia Technical College
- Beaufort County Community College
- Carteret Community College
- Central Piedmont Community College
- Isothermal Community College
- Richmond Community College
- Sampson Community College
- Danville Community College
- Germanna Community College
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College
- BridgeValley Community and Technical College
- Calhoun Community College
The Citadel and 27 two-year schools across the South are working together to allow students pursuing a four-year degree in business administration to begin classes closer to home before finishing their studies with the military college.
Eligible students would start in or already have graduated from one of the partner schools, including Greenville Technical College, Midlands Technical College and Trident Technical College. Partner schools are located in six states, from West Virginia to Alabama.
Students who are pursuing associate in applied science business degrees or have already received the degree from a partner school will receive automatic acceptance into the Tommy and Victoria Baker School of Business. The transferring students will attend non-cadet, civilian classes, with the option of studying online, on campus or both, according to a news release.
“Our program is designed to meet the needs of those students while allowing them to stay in their communities,” said Jeremy Bennet, director of the degree completion program at The Citadel, in the release. “Students in these two-year programs will have shown the dedication needed to complete their associate degrees. Now, they won’t have to sacrifice credits when transferring to the Citadel.”
Students interested in transferring will follow a transfer course equivalency table, which lays out the courses they must take to satisfy degree requirements before transferring to The Citadel.